As our name implies, our business is concrete repairs.
The main defects we deal with include:
- Waterproofing: Ingress of water into basements, lift pits, through roofs or tunnels due to failed waterproofing or badly placed concrete;
- Spalling of concrete due to reinforcement corrosion: Damage caused by carbonation, ASR, thaumasite or chlorides especially in structures subject to sea-spray or the use of de-icing salts;
- Durability: In extreme temperature conditions making the concrete prone to freeze/thaw damage or where there is low cover to steel or the concrete is subject to abrasion;
- Coatings: To protect the concrete from naturally occurring aggressive substances, eg in waste water treatment plants, or in chemical and industrial plants; and
- Structural repairs: Reinstatement of concrete to its monolithic state.
The work we carry out to resolve these problems includes:
- Crack injection;
- Epoxy and engineering coatings;
- Anti-carbonation coatings;
- Application of corrosion inhibitors such as MCI;
- Concrete movement joint installation and replacement;
- Sealing of service penetrations; and
- Dynamic load grouting, eg jet-engine test pads or printing presses.
Copyright © 2009 Concrete Remedial Systems Limited - All rights reserved.