Welcome to the Concrete Remedial Systems website
As our name implies, our business is concrete repairs.
The main concrete repairs we deal with include:
- Leak sealing: Leaking of water into basements and lift pits, through roofs and tunnels linings due to failed waterproofing, poorly compacted concrete or cracks in the concrete; Joint and service penetration sealing, including movement joints, to prevent the ingress of water
- Waterproofing and damp-proofing: Waterproof coatings and tanking for the waterproofing of below ground structures
- Concrete renovation: Spalling of concrete due to reinforcement corrosion. Damage caused by carbonation, ASR, thaumasite or chlorides especially in structures subject to sea-spray or the use of de-icing salts
- Durability: In extreme temperature conditions where the concrete is prone to freeze/thaw damage, where there is low cover to steel or the concrete is subject to abrasion
- Protective coatings: To protect the concrete from naturally occurring aggressive substances, e.g. in waste water treatment plants, or in chemical and industrial plants, and
- Structural concrete repairs: Reinstatement of concrete to its monolithic state.
The work we carry out to resolve these problems includes:
- Crack injection;
- Epoxy and engineering coatings;
- Anti-carbonation coatings;
- Application of corrosion inhibitors such as MCI;
- Concrete movement joint installation and replacement;
- Sealing of service penetrations; and
- Dynamic load grouting, eg jet-engine test pads or printing presses.